Friday, May 13, 2011

Springfield to Chicago


After coffee brewed in my second new JetBoil, the first had a hole in it, I am ready for the short 3 hour run to Chicago. So I decide to first search for the Sugar Creek covered bridge which is somewhere nearby. As a matter of fact it is only about 10 miles away. So I take a picture and then head towards the windy city. The trip seems like it is taking days instead of hours. I get to the motel before Linda so I go to the elevated station to meet her. Wow, it feels good to hold her in my arms after 6 weeks of separation. We do go out for a Chicago deep dish pizza but I really do prefer a thin crust pizza. The rest of the days activities are censored. On Wednesday we take a city tour and then go to Farida's apartment for a typical Kyrgyzstan meal of pilaf and salad. It was great seeing her after about 10 years. We take the elevated back towards our motel and just before our station it begin to rain very hard. I do have an umbrella which we share walking back to the motel. Naturally as soon as we arrive at the motel the rain stops!

No comments:

Post a Comment